Code of Ordinances Sec. 15-216. All-night parking between December 1 and April 1.
No person shall leave an unattended parked motor vehicle on any accepted city street, road or way in the city for any period of time between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 6:00 a.m., from the first day of December of each year to the first day of April of the following year, except in case of emergency, or when such vehicle is left for a period of short duration and the person leaving such vehicle is available to move the vehicle immediately if necessary.
General Guidance on Winter Parking at
Waterman Drive, Boat Launch, and Willow St Public Parking Lots
During the winter months, public parking lots at Waterman Drive (between E St and C St), Boat Launch at Bug Light Park, and the Willard Beach parking lot on Willow St are available for city residents and their guests to temporarily park during the winter parking ban. The following is general guidance intended to facilitate an efficient process for the benefit of the public.
- Parking Lots at Waterman Drive, the boat launch, and Willow St Lot are available to city residents and their guests during the winter parking ban.
- Vehicles may be left overnight any night of the week; except, the city requests that vehicles left overnight are parked at the northern end of the lot on Waterman Drive and the South-easterly end of the lot at the Boat Launch (closest to Madison Street).
- Residents must shovel themselves out
- Residents must remove their vehicles within 24 hours after a storm to allow the Public Works Department to plow the lots and remove snow as necessary, violators subject to ticketing and/or towing.
- Residents park at their own risk and the City assumes no liability for theft or damage caused as a result of use of these lots.
- The city assumes no responsibility for snow removal in order to remove vehicle. Snow that is fallen, windblown, or plowed from the street is the responsibility of the vehicle owner to move in order to remove their vehicle.
For a comprehensive look at our winter operations, and further information on how you can help us during these tough Maine winters, please download Public Work's Winter Operations brochure.