Welcome to the South Portland Police Department Online Police Reporting System. IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 911. Using this online police report system allows you to file a police report immediately and have a copy of the report emailed to you for free. You may be able to file your report right here online IF:
- This is not an Emergency
- There are No Known Suspects
- This incident occurred within the City of South Portland Maine
If you answered yes to the above conditions, and you are reporting a crime type listed below, you are eligible for file an online report. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Using the South Portland Police Department Citizens Services Website, you can report the following incidents:
- Harassing Phone Call
- Identity Theft
- Lost Property
- Vehicle Burglary
- Vehicle Tampering
Online reporting is easy, quick and convenient. The report can be submitted from any computer with internet access, including a kiosk in the police station's lobby. There is no need to wait for an available police officer, and police officers will be able to remain on patrol. A copy of your report will be emailed to you for free.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted," showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Online Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Complete your report fully, accurately and honestly. Filing a false police report is a crime.
- Your report may result in a response and / or further investigation by a police officer.