Business Safety Tips and Alerts
- Business Crime Prevention Manual
- Business Emergency Listing Form
- Counterfeit $500.00 American Express Gift Cheques
- American Express Fraud Advisory Warning
The southern and central sections of Maine have been receiving counterfeit $100.00 bills. These bills may pass the counterfeiting pen test and merchants should verify the bill by checking it's security features. For information on how to detect possible Counterfeit currency and verify the security features of genuine currency, Click on the links below:
If you suspect someone is passing a counterfeit bill, do the following:
- Call South Portland Police Dispatch 207-874-8575
- Hold on to the bill
- If possible delay the transaction (Remember Safety comes first) until the police arrive.
- If the person leaves the store, try and get a good description of the person to give to the police.