|Milan Nevajda||Planning Directoremail@example.com|
|Stephen Puleo||Community Plannerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Justin Barker||Community Planneremail@example.com|
|Adin Wolfgram||Administrative Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
The mission of the Planning Division within the Planning & Development Department is to promote a safe, attractive, equitable and prosperous South Portland. The Division strives to achieve this through our service areas and strategic approach:
- Current Planning: overseeing development project review with the citizen Planning Board
- Maintenance and enforcement of land use regulations
- Long range planning for our community and its neighborhoods
- Facilitating desirable forms of economic activity and development
- Protecting the City’s tax base to support municipal services by attracting investment
- Protecting the natural environment and promoting excellence in the design of the built environment
- Providing decision-makers with quality information and analysis of alternatives
- Meaningful community engagement
- Board, Committee, and Commission representation
- Collaboration with City, community, and state or regional partners
Planning Board Active and Recent Projects:
Map in Development.
Meet Your Planning Director:
Milan Nevajda joined the South Portland Planning & Development Department as Planning Director in April, 2020. Milan's experience includes development review, long-range and master planning, economic development strategic planning, and environmental protection.
Prior to joining South Portland, Nevajda led the Sonoma County Planning Division, covering a 1,770 square mile region, 76-mile coastal zone, 500,000 residents, and over 50 staff. Milan previously worked for the Town of New Gloucester as in 2013 before moving to planning consulting; first in Maine then in the Bay Area, California. As a consultant Milan worked on South Portland’s Mill Creek master plan.
Milan holds a Master of Urban Planning from McGill University.