The City of South Portland's Planning Division is updating the City's Comprehensive Plan and we need your input!
Visit www.southportland2040.com to learn more.
What kind of place should South Portland be in the future? What should we protect, improve, or enhance in our community? A Comprehensive Plan is the guiding document for South Portland's future and the City is beginning the process - 12 years after the adoption of our current plan - to revisit these questions and goals. The Comprehensive Plan Update will be a three year effort to help define a (new) shared vision for the community, with goals and an action plan for how to realize that vision.
Input from ALL members of the South Portland community is vitally important. The City's Planning Division is responsible for the update and it is our goal to develop the most inclusive, and consensus-based plan in Maine, and we need your help to get there.
You are invited to take part in the City's Comprehensive Plan update! If you live, work, or enjoy spending time in South Portland, we encourage you share your ideas and vision for the City’s future! By participating, you'll help create a framework to guide City policy and programs over the next decade.
There are several ways that you can share your input this summer during the engagement phase of the Comprehensive Plan update. Visit the Comp Plan website to learn more about these opportunities to get involved:
- Stop by a SoPo2040 table this summer at a community event. The Comprehensive Plan team will be out tabling at community events over the next several months with fun, simple ways to share your ideas for the City’s future.
- Contribute to the SoPo2040 interactive map. Visitors to the Comprehensive Plan website can make recommendations for specific areas in the City on our online crowdmap.
- Submit your ideas. Send your thoughts directly to our Planning team via email to email@example.com, or through the online contact form.
- Lead a conversation. Inspire people in your circle who live or spend time in South Portland to share their ideas for the City’s future! Use the facilitation guide and submit notes from your discussion electronically via the website or in person at the Planning Division office.
- Attend a Comprehensive Plan Committee meeting. Learn more about the Comprehensive Plan update and how you can get more involved by attending the Committee’s monthly meeting every 1st Wednesday of the month. See the City Calendar for meeting times, locations and agendas.
Learn more and stay up-to-date with the City's Comprehensive Plan update at: http://www.southportland2040.com