Make a difference in your community! See open positions and apply today.
Why work in local government? Click here.
City Hall - 25 Cottage Road
(207) 767-7682 - Telephone
(207) 347-8303 - Fax
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Why Work for the City of South Portland?
The City of South Portland offers competitive pay and a robust selection of employee benefits, including:
- an excellent health plan with affordable family coverage
- matched retirement options
- dental, vision, and life insurance
- income protection
- long term disability
- flexible spending accounts
- a condensed workweek for many positions, and more!
The City is proud of its talented and dedicated workforce and provides employees with:
- a strong team environment
- a positive, family-friendly workplace where work/life needs are valued
- the support, encouragement and tools for successful careers
The City values diversity and inclusion in the workplace and embraces sustainable operations. See current openings.
Human Resources Staff
Stephanie Weaver - Human Resource Director
Holly Greenleaf - Employee Relations Manager (207) 347-4109
Colleen Selberg - Benefits Manager (207) 767-7608
Genny Dyer - Human Resource Generalist (207) 767-7682
Lou Cavallaro - Safety Coordinator (207) 347-4127
About Human Resources
The Human Resources Department provides support to the dedicated and skilled employees of the City of South Portland who provide a wide array of public services. This page includes helpful information including employment opportunities with the City, how to apply for a job, an overview of employee benefits, Union contracts, City policies, documents & forms, links, and more.