Items of Interest
This is in the process of development.
Economic Development Department
496 Ocean Street
PO Box 9422
South Portland, ME 04116
William J. Mann, Economic Development Director
Tess Parks, Economic Development Associate
General economic development inquiries may also be sent to: Biz Support.
Welcome to South Portland!
South Portland is both a desirable residential community and a top-notch business location. I encourage you to explore the Navigation Panel on this website, and to contact our office if you have any questions or comments about doing business in South Portland.
With helpful and knowledgeable staff, a consistent regulatory and permitting process, and a welcoming community, South Portland is a great place to run a business, raise a family, and enjoy the broad recreational opportunities that the community affords. Come experience our many restaurants, parks, shops, lighthouses, and services, and see why life in South Portland exemplifies Maine’s motto: “The Way Life Should Be!”
Please call our office at any time for assistance. We are here to serve you.
Economic Development Director
Economic Development News
- Money Magazine ranks South Portland Best Place to Live in Maine in 2018
- Money and Realtor.com name South Portland to list of 100 Best Places to Live 2017
- WalletHub names South Portland 2015 Best Small City in Maine & New Hampshire
- Forbes Magazine names Portland/South Portland/Biddeford Top Spring City for Jobs 2013
- News and lifestyle website GoLocal recently ranked South Portland as #3 New England City