South Portland City Hall
25 Cottage Road | South Portland, ME 04106
Phone: (207) 767-3201 | Fax: (207) 767-7620
parking lot and elevator access available at rear entrance
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday | 8:00am to 4:30pm
The City Clerk's Office and Finance Office remain open until 6:00pm on Thursdays.
The next City Council Meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 6 at 6:30 PM at City Hall Council Chambers (25 Cottage Rd.) and remote via Zoom.
This year we are celebrating the City of South Portland’s 125th anniversary (1898-2023)! In 1898, through adoption of a Charter, the Town of South Portland became the current City of South Portland. The yearlong series of events kicks off in May of 2023 and includes the City's signature events. Read More
To see all scheduled City Committee Meetings visit the Calendar.
Cottage Road Pedestrian and Safety Improvements and Mill and Overlay project
Public Hearing Notice: Nov. 9 Planning Board - Zoning Amendment to establish electric vehicle charging
Public Hearing Notice: Planning Board - Zoning Amendment to establish electric vehicle charging
2022-2023 CDBG Annual Action Plan Public Comment Period Open
Public Notice - Willard Beach ramp, stone walls & stairs
Public Hearing Notice: Marine Construction Permit - Fore Points Marina, 1 Marina Way
City of South Portland 2022 Community Development Block Grant Applications are now available
AARP Tax-Aide Assistance: Please call 207-518-8579 to schedule an appointment.
Statement Issued by the South Portland Police Department (Dated June 1, 2020)
Resolves & Proclamations of the City Council:
- Resolve #17-19/20 - Proclamation Condemning Racism
- Resolve #4-20/21 - Condemning Acts of Hate toward LGBTQ+ community
- Resolve #7-20/21 - Recognizing Black History Month 2021
- Resolve #9-20/21 - Condemning Acts of Hate and Violence toward Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
- Resolve #29-20/21 - Proclamation recognizing Memorial Day.
- Resolve #30-20/21 - Resolve recognizing Juneteenth in the City of South Portland.
- Resolve #5-21/22 - Recognizing Indigenous Peoples' Day 2021
- Resolve #8-21/22 - Condemning Racial Bigotry and Public Hate Speech
- Resolve #10-21/22 - Recognizing Rev. Martin Luther King Jr Day (January 17, 2022)
- Resolve #40-21/22 - Declaring Racism a Public Health Crisis (May 17, 2022)
- Resolve #41-21/22 - Supporting Safe and Legal Access to Reproductive Health (June 21, 2022)
- Proclamation - Recognizing India Independence Day on August 15, 2022 (September 6, 2022)
- Proclamation - Recognizing Women's Equality Day on August 26, 2022 (September 6, 2022)
To see all scheduled City Committee Meetings visit the Calendar
City Council meetings, School Board meetings, and Planning Board meetings,
and certain City committee meetings will continue to be live-streamed and available online
via SPC-TV and on local cable broadcast.
Meetings for the Week of: May 29, 2023
INSTRUCTIONS TO JOIN & PARTICIPATE IN REMOTE MEETINGS
All Board & Committee Agendas and Packet material may be found on BoardDocs. All packet material and agendas will be posted by 4:30pm on Friday the week prior to the scheduled meeting.
05-29 Municipal Offices Closed - Memorial Day
05-30 Board of Harbor Commissioners Workshop - HYBRID
06-01 Library Advisory Board - HYBRID
06-02 Board of Health - HYBRID
NOTICE: Under Maine's Freedom of Access (“Right to Know”) law, documents - including e-mail - in the possession of public officials about city business are classified as public records. This means if anyone asks to see it, we are required to provide it. There are very few exceptions. We welcome citizen comments and want to hear from our residents, but please keep in mind that what you write in an e-mail is not private and could show up in the local newspaper.