South Portland City Hall
25 Cottage Road | South Portland, ME 04106
Phone: (207) 767-3201 | Fax: (207) 767-7620
parking lot and elevator access available at rear entrance
New City Hall hours effective August 7, 2023:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 7:30am to 5pm; Tuesday 9am to 5pm; Friday CLOSED
City Clerk's Office and Finance Office remain open until 6pm on Tuesdays.
Read the press release.
The next City Council Meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 10 at 6:30 PM at City Hall Council Chambers (25 Cottage Rd.) IN PERSON only. The meeting will also be live streamed online and cable access TV.
The State of Maine & Municipal General Election is November 7, 2023. Absentee ballots can be requested now. All absentee ballots must be returned to City Hall by 8 PM on Election Day. Find your polling place, see sample ballots and learn about local candidates running for office. Read More
To see all scheduled City Committee Meetings visit the Calendar.
AARP Tax-Aide Assistance: Please call 207-518-8579 to schedule an appointment.
Statement Issued by the South Portland Police Department (Dated June 1, 2020)
Resolves & Proclamations of the City Council:
- Resolve #25-22/23 - To Abolish Nuclear Weapons and Prevent Nuclear War
- Resolve #17-19/20 - Proclamation Condemning Racism
- Resolve #4-20/21 - Condemning Acts of Hate toward LGBTQ+ community
- Resolve #7-20/21 - Recognizing Black History Month 2021
- Resolve #9-20/21 - Condemning Acts of Hate and Violence toward Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
- Resolve #29-20/21 - Proclamation recognizing Memorial Day.
- Resolve #30-20/21 - Resolve recognizing Juneteenth in the City of South Portland.
- Resolve #5-21/22 - Recognizing Indigenous Peoples' Day 2021
- Resolve #8-21/22 - Condemning Racial Bigotry and Public Hate Speech
- Resolve #10-21/22 - Recognizing Rev. Martin Luther King Jr Day (January 17, 2022)
- Resolve #40-21/22 - Declaring Racism a Public Health Crisis (May 17, 2022)
- Resolve #41-21/22 - Supporting Safe and Legal Access to Reproductive Health (June 21, 2022)
- Proclamation - Recognizing India Independence Day on August 15, 2022 (September 6, 2022)
- Proclamation - Recognizing Women's Equality Day on August 26, 2022 (September 6, 2022)
To see all scheduled City Committee Meetings visit the Calendar
City Council meetings, School Board meetings, and Planning Board meetings,
and certain City committee meetings will continue to be live-streamed and available online
via SPC-TV and on local cable broadcast.
Meetings for the Week of: October 2, 2023
INSTRUCTIONS TO JOIN & PARTICIPATE IN REMOTE MEETINGS
All Board & Committee Agendas and Packet material may be found on BoardDocs. All packet material and agendas will be posted by 4:30pm on Friday the week prior to the scheduled meeting.
NOTICE: Under Maine's Freedom of Access (“Right to Know”) law, documents - including e-mail - in the possession of public officials about city business are classified as public records. This means if anyone asks to see it, we are required to provide it. There are very few exceptions. We welcome citizen comments and want to hear from our residents, but please keep in mind that what you write in an e-mail is not private and could show up in the local newspaper.