Adobe Acrobat Reader - If you do not have Adobe Acrobat on your computer you will need this application to read .pdf files.
Agenda for the City Council Meeting
April 17, 2013
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: Council Chambers
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #15-12/13 – Board of Appeals, District One, (Pock) appointing Sara Orbeton for a term that expires 07/23/15. Postponed since 08/06/12. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #70-12/13 – Conservation Commission, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 11/20/14. Postponed since 12/17/12. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #82-12/13 – Energy & Recycling Committee, District One (Pock) appointing Rita Thompson for a term that expires 05/05/15. Postponed since 1/7/13. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #88-12/13 – Community Development Advisory Committee, District Three (Linscott), for a term which expires on 01/15/16. Postponed since 01/23/13. Passage requires majority vote.
5. ORDER #123-12/13 – Civil Service Commission, District One (Pock), for a term which expires on 03/1/18. Postponed on 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote.
6. ORDER #124-12/13 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 03/16/16. Postponed on 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Actions
7. ORDINANCE #13-12/13 – Amending Chapter 17, “Offenses – Miscellaneous Provisions,” repealing Section 17-13 regarding games, recreational activities on Sunday morning. Passed first reading 04/01/13. ROLL CALL VOTE. Passage requires majority vote.
8. BUSINESS LICENSE – El Grand Rodeo, 147 Western Avenue, for a Food Establishment Restaurant with Liquor License. Passage requires majority vote.
9. STREET CLOSURE – Southern Maine Community College is requesting to close Fort Road in front of the Hub Gym and Surfsite St. in front of the Hub Gym from 9:30 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. on May 18th, 2013 for the 2013 Commencement Ceremony. Rain would extend the closure to 4:00 P.M. Passage requires majority vote
H. Action on Old and New Business
10. ORDER #132-12/13 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote.
11. ORDER #100-12/13 - Amending the Traffic Schedule regarding no parking on the north side of New York Avenue and the east side of Concord Street from May 1, to September 1. Postponed since 2/4/13. Passage requires majority vote.
12. ORDER #133-12/13 - Authorizing the City Manager to submit the FY2013/2014 Community Development Block Grant Annual Action Plan to the Cumberland County Community Development Program. Passage requires majority vote.
13. ORDINANCE #14-12/13 – Amending Chapter 15, “Motor Vehicles and Traffic,” regarding penalties and special procedures for parking tickets. First reading. Passage requires majority vote.
14. ORDER #134-12/13 – Establishing time, place and particulars for the Farmers’ Market to be located on Hinckley Drive. Passage requires majority vote.
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.