Agenda for the City Council Meeting
December 4, 2013
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: South Portland Community Center – Sr. Room
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Amended Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #70-12/13 – Conservation Commission, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 11/20/14. Postponed since 12/17/12. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #88-12/13 – Community Development Advisory Committee, District Three (Linscott), for a term which expires on 01/15/16. Postponed since 01/23/13. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #124-12/13 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 03/16/16. Postponed since 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #59-13/14 – Energy & Recycling Committee, District Five (Jalbert) to fill an unexpired term which expires 05/05/15. Postponed since 11/04/13. Passage requires majority vote.
5. ORDER #72-13/14 – Conservation Commission, At Large (Beecher) to fill a term which expires 11/20/16. Passage requires majority vote.
6. ORDER #73-13/14 – Planning Board, District One (Pock) to fill an unexpired term which expires 04/01/16. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Action
7. Business License - Benjamin Building Wrecking Co., 41 Jackson Street, renewal for an Automobile Graveyard/Automobile Recycling Business and/or Junkyard License. Passage requires majority vote.
H. Action on Old and New Business
8. ORDER #74-13/14 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote.
9. ORDER #75-13/14 – Authorizing the City Manager to sign a Purchase and Sale Agreement with Anew Real Property Development, LLC, of Portland, ME, for the purchase of the former Roosevelt School. Passage requires majority vote. - Item added 12/03/13
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
A motion may be made to go into executive session pursuant to 36 M.R.S.A. §841, to discuss applications(s) for abatement of property taxes on account of infirmity or poverty; and pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. Section 405(6)(C) to discuss the use of and possible acquisition of real property where premature disclosure of the information would prejudice the competitive bargaining position of the City.
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.