Agenda for the City Council Meeting
November 18, 2013, 2013
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: City Council Chambers
Amended: November 18, 2013
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #70-12/13 – Conservation Commission, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 11/20/14. Postponed since 12/17/12. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #88-12/13 – Community Development Advisory Committee, District Three (Linscott), for a term which expires on 01/15/16. Postponed since 01/23/13. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #124-12/13 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 03/16/16. Postponed since 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #59-13/14 – Energy & Recycling Committee, District Five (Jalbert) to fill an unexpired term which expires 05/05/15. Passage requires majority vote.
5. ORDER #66-13/14 –Appointment to the Long Creek Watershed Management District Board of Directors. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Action
6. Business License - MBS, LLC, DBA Wild Willy’s, 449 Westbrook Street for a Food Establishment Restaurant with Malt and Vinous License. New owners of an existing business. Passage requires majority vote.
H. Action on Old and New Business
7. ORDER #67-13/14 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote.
8. ORDER #68-13/14 - Accepting $1,060 or any portion thereof, under the State of Maine Asset Forfeiture Program to be used by the Police Department. Passage requires majority vote.
9. ORDER #69-13/14 - Amending the Traffic Schedule regarding bus stops on Brick Hill Avenue. Passage requires majority vote.
10. ORDER #70-13/14 - Award of Bid #15-14 for the purchase of video technology for the lecture hall related to the South Portland High School Addition and Renovation project. Passage requires majority vote.
11. ORDINANCE #2-13/14 - Amending Chapter 27, “Zoning Ordinance,” regarding moratorium on development proposals involving the loading of oil sands/tar sands products onto marine tank vessels docking in South Portland. First reading. Passage requires majority vote.
12. ORDER #71-13/14 – Appropriating $12,500 from undesignated fund balance and authorizing the City Manager to sign a contract with ReVision Energy, of Portland, ME, to conduct a feasibility study to install a solar PV array at the landfill property. Passage requires majority vote.
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.