Agenda for the City Council Meeting
August 19, 2013
Meeting Begins: 6:00 P.M.
Location: MAHONEY MIDDLE SCHOOL
(Please note: SPCTV is working on televising this meeting live,
however, they may be unable to. The meeting will be taped and replayed)
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #70-12/13 – Conservation Commission, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 11/20/14. Postponed since 12/17/12. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #88-12/13 – Community Development Advisory Committee, District Three (Linscott), for a term which expires on 01/15/16. Postponed since 01/23/13. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #124-12/13 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 03/16/16. Postponed since 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #14-13/14 – Board of Appeals, At Large (Livingston), to appoint Daniel Fortin for a term which expires on 07/23/16. Postponed since 07/15/13. Passage requires majority vote.
5. ORDER #15-13/14 – Library Advisory Board, At Large (Blake), for an unexpired term which expires on 12/31/14. Postponed since 07/15/13. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
6. STREET CLOSURE – John Maloney is requesting the closure of 30 – 39 Arbutus Ave block party on 09/14/13 from 2:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. Passage requires majority vote.
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Actions
7. CITIZEN INITIATED ORDINANCE #1-13/14 – Second reading and public hearing on the citizen initiated proposed waterfront protection ordinance. Passed first reading on 7/1/13 and given second reading on 8/5/13. ROLL CALL VOTE. Passage requires at least five affirmative votes. Click here to find copies of related documents.
H. Action on Old and New Business
8. ORDER #31-13/14 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote.
9. ORDER #32-13/14 – Appropriating $28,145 from undesignated fund balance and award of Bid #5-14 to Bill Dodge Auto Group, of Westbrook, ME, for the purchase of a pickup truck for the Public Works Department. Passage requires majority vote.
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.