Agenda for the City Council Meeting
July 15, 2013
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: Council Chambers
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
Department and Attendance reports for the month of June, 2013.
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #70-12/13 – Conservation Commission, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 11/20/14. Postponed since 12/17/12. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #88-12/13 – Community Development Advisory Committee, District Three (Linscott), for a term which expires on 01/15/16. Postponed since 01/23/13. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #124-12/13 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 03/16/16. Postponed since 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #13-13/14 – Board of Appeals, At Large (Blake), appointing Claude Morgan for a term which expires on 07/23/16. Passage requires majority vote.
5. ORDER #14-13/14 – Board of Appeals, At Large (Livingston), for a term which expires on 07/23/16. Passage requires majority vote.
6. ORDER #15-13/14 – Library Advisory Board, At Large (Blake), for an unexpired term which expires on 12/31/14. Passage requires majority vote.
7. ORDER #16-13/14 – Nomination of Claude Morgan to the Governor for an appointment to the Greater Portland Public Development Commission for a term which expires 08/08/18. Passage requires majority vote. Passage requires majority vote.
8. ORDER #17-13/14 – South Portland Housing Authority, Tenant’s Appointment, appointing Michael Russell to fill an unexpired term to expire on 10/10/2013 and to reappoint Mr. Russell for a term to expire on 10/10/2018. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Actions
H. Action on Old and New Business
9. ORDER #18-13/14 – Amending Resolve #24-12/13, the FY 2014 Appropriation Resolve, to increase estimated revenues by $300,000. Passage requires majority vote.
10. ORDER #19-13/14 – Adopting Appendices A-H, General Assistance Overall Maximums as mandated by the Maine Municipal Association. Passage requires majority vote.
11. ORDER #20-13/14 – Award of Bid #45-13 to Star Homes, Inc., of South Portland, ME, for the purchase of City-owned property at 25 Colonial Avenue. Passage requires majority vote.
12. ORDER #21-13/14 – Authorizing the Code Enforcement Officer to execute a consent agreement between Bank of America, N.A. and the City relating to a garage setback encroachment at 16 Calais Street. Passage requires majority vote.
13. ORDER #22-13/14 - Authorizing the method of sale of tax acquired properties located on Noyes Street (a portion of Tax Map 63, Lots 85A and 87A) to be conveyed by release deed to four abutting property owners pursuant to Sec. 2-171(2)(a)(4) of the Code of Ordinances. Passage requires majority vote.
14. ORDER #23-13/14 – Amending RESOLVE #22-12/13, that the City of South Portland appropriate $300,000 to the Secondary Facilities Reserve to be funded by $300,000 in additional State Education Subsidy. Passage requires majority vote.
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.