Agenda for the City Council Meeting
June 17, 2013
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: Council Chambers
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
Department and Attendance Reports for the month of May, 2013.
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #70-12/13 – Conservation Commission, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 11/20/14. Postponed since 12/17/12. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #88-12/13 – Community Development Advisory Committee, District Three (Linscott), for a term which expires on 01/15/16. Postponed since 01/23/13. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #124-12/13 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 03/16/16. Postponed since 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Actions
4. ORDER #146-12/13 – Public hearing and action on a public nuisance complaint relating to property at 119 and 125 Wythburn Road. Postponed on 06/03/13. Passage requires majority vote. Updated Position Paper - Action Plan for Remediation
5. ORDINANCE #15-12/13 - Bond ordinance to appropriate $14,000,000 (*) for construction and equipping of a community services facility and to authorize $14,000,000 (*) principal amount of bonds to finance such appropriations. Passed first reading on 06/03/13. ROLL CALL VOTE. Passage requires affirmative vote of at least 4 members of the City Council.
H. Action on Old and New Business
6. ORDER #153-12/13 - Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote.
7. Reconsideration of ORDER #149-12/13 – Authorizing the South Portland School Department to purchase technology equipment in conjunction with the Maine Learning Technology Initiative (MLTI). Passage requires majority vote.
8. ORDER #154-12/13 - Amending FY 2013/2014 CDBG Annual Action Plan regarding new activities. Passage requires majority vote.
9. ORDER #155-12/13 – Award of Bid #40-13 to Doten’s Construction, of Freeport, ME, for the construction of the Mill Creek Transit Hub. Passage requires majority vote.
10. ORDER #156-12/13 – Accepting a Royal Bank of Canada grant in the amount of $20,000 for Hinckley Park Improvements. Passage requires majority vote.
11. RESOLVE #24-12/13 – Approving the FY 2014 Appropriation Resolve. Passage requires majority vote.
12. ORDER #157-12/13 – Setting the sewer user fees for Fiscal Year 2014. Passage requires majority vote.
13. ORDER #158-12/13 – Setting the street opening fees for Fiscal Year 2014. Passage requires majority vote.
14. ORDER #159-12/13 – Authorizing a 1.5% percent cost of living adjustment for non-union municipal employees. Passage requires majority vote.
15. RESOLVE #25-12/13 – Approving an Appropriation Transfer Resolve for FY 2013 Bus Union Contract. Passage requires majority vote.
16. ORDER #160-12/13 –Transferring $1,100,000 from General Fund Unassigned Fund Balance to the Property Tax Stabilization Reserve Account. Passage requires majority vote.
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.