Agenda for the City Council Meeting
June 3, 2013
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: Council Chambers
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #70-12/13 – Conservation Commission, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 11/20/14. Postponed since 12/17/12. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #88-12/13 – Community Development Advisory Committee, District Three (Linscott), for a term which expires on 01/15/16. Postponed since 01/23/13. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #124-12/13 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 03/16/16. Postponed on 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
4. Street Closure - Amending the street closure for the Color Run on July 7, 2013, approved on 04/01/2013. Passage requires majority vote.
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Actions
5. ORDER #146-12/13 – Public hearing and action on a public nuisance complaint relating to property at 119 and 125 Wythburn Road. Passage requires majority vote.
6. Business License - Elsmere, LLC, d/b/a Elsmere BBQ and Wood Grill, 448 Cottage Road, for a Food Establishment restaurant with Liquor License. Passage requires majority vote.
H. Action on Old and New Business
7. ORDER #147-12/13 - Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote.
8. ORDER #148-12/13 – Accepting $24,332.56 under the Federal Asset Forfeiture Program to be used by the Police Department. Passage requires majority vote.
9. ORDER #149-12/13 – Authorizing the South Portland School Department to purchase technology equipment in conjunction with the Maine Learning Technology Initiative (MLTI). Passage requires majority vote.
10. ORDER #150-12/13 - Amending ORDER #128-11/12 by increasing the project cost for the Public Works Facility from $10,000,000 to $14,000,000 in 2013 Capital Improvement Program. Passage requires majority vote.
11. ORDINANCE #15-12/13 - Bond ordinance to appropriate $14,000,000 (*) for construction and equipping of a community services facility and to authorize $14,000,000 (*) principal amount of bonds to finance such appropriations. First reading. Passage requires majority vote.
12. ORDER #151-12/13 - Authorizing the Finance Director to release City interest in any real estate in the City of South Portland by quitclaim deed. Passage requires majority vote.
13. ORDER #152-12/13 - Authorizing the Finance Director to accept prepayment of FY 2014 property taxes. Passage requires majority vote.
14. Reconsideration of Order #145-12/13 – Authorizing the Mayor to sign the City Manager’s Employment Agreement. Passage requires majority vote.
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently