Name of Body: City Council
Agenda for the Meeting of: September 9, 2015
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
A recording of this meeting can be accessed online. There are several time increments noted in red below which indicate the number of minutes into the meeting that these items occur in the event you are interested in viewing a certain item. You may have to wait a minute or two at the beginning of the meeting for the time marker to move forward far enough to click on it and drag it forward.
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #35-14/15– Board of Assessment Review, District Five (Fox), for an unexpired term which expires on 12/31/16. Postponed since 10/20/14. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #86-14/15 – Conservation Commission, District Two (Smith), for an unexpired term which expires on 11/20/17. Postponed since 02/18/15. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #89-14/15 – Civil Service Commission, District Three (Linscott), for an unexpired term which expires on 03/01/19. Postponed since 03/02/15. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #114-14/15 – Conservation Commission, District One (Morgan), for an unexpired term which expires on 3/3/18. Postponed since 4/22/15. Passage requires majority vote.
5. ORDER #2-15/16 – Board of Appeals, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 7/23/18. Postponed since 07/06/15. Passage requires majority vote.
6. ORDER #24-15/16 – Economic Development Committee, At Large (Blake), for an unexpired term which expires on 3/23/17. Postponed on 08/17/15. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
7. STREET CLOSURE - Deborah Bassett, is requesting the closure of 25 Arbutus Avenue through 47 Arbutus Avenue on 09/19/15 from 1:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. for a neighborhood block party. Passage requires majority vote.
8. STREET CLOSURE - Ferry Village Neighborhood Conservation Association is requesting the closure of School Street at Monroe Street to Edmund S. Muskie Street on 09/12/15 from 1:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. for a FVNCA 30 Year Celebration. Passage requires majority vote.
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part) 15:00 Minutes into the meeting
G. Public Hearings and Action 31:07 Minutes into the meeting
9. BUSINESS LICENSE - Connor & Colton, LLC DBA Thatchers, 35 Foden Road, for a Food Establishment Restaurant with Liquor License, Special Amusement with Dancing Permit and Coin Operated Game Machine License. New owners of an existing business. Passage requires majority vote.
10. BUSINESS LICENSE - TK JAD, LLC DBA Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery, 200 Gorham Road, for a Food Establishment Restaurant with Liquor License. Passage requires majority vote.
H. Action on Old and New Business
11. ORDER #27-15/16 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote. 36:10 Minutes into the meeting
12. ORDER #28-15/16 – Amending the City Council Standing Rules. Passage requires majority vote. 38:00 Minutes into the meeting
13. ORDINANCE #2-15/16 – Amending Chapter 2, “Administration and Legislation,” Article II, City Council and Article III, Boards and Commissions. First reading. Passage requires majority vote. 60 Minutes into the meeting
14. ORDINANCE #3-15/16 – Amending Chapter 9, “Garbage and Refuse,” to add provisions regarding single use carry out bags. First reading. Passage requires majority vote. 64:28 Minutes into the meeting
15. ORDINANCE #4-15/16 – Amending Chapter 9, “Garbage and Refuse,” to add provisions regarding the ban on use of polystyrene foam. First reading. Passage requires majority vote. 115:33 Minutes into the meeting
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
A motion may be made to go into Executive Session pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. §405 (6)(d) regarding labor negotiations with the Police Patrol Association, the Police Command and Supervisory Unit and Firefighters IAFF Local 1476.
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.