Name of Body: City Council
Agenda for the Meeting of: August 3, 2015
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
A recording of this meeting can be accessed online. There are several time increments noted in red below which indicate the number of minutes into the meeting that these items occur in the event you are interested in viewing a certain item. You may have to wait a minute or two at the beginning of the meeting for the time marker to move forward far enough to click on it and drag it forward.
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #35-14/15– Board of Assessment Review, District Five (Fox), for an unexpired term which expires on 12/31/16. Postponed since 10/20/14. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #86-14/15 – Conservation Commission, District Two (Smith), for an unexpired term which expires on 11/20/17. Postponed since 02/18/15. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #89-14/15 – Civil Service Commission, District Three (Linscott), for an unexpired term which expires on 03/01/19. Postponed since 03/02/15. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #114-14/15 – Conservation Commission, District One (Morgan), for an unexpired term which expires on 3/3/18. Postponed since 4/22/15. Passage requires majority vote.
5. ORDER #2-15/16 – Board of Appeals, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 7/23/18. Postponed on 07/06/15. Passage requires majority vote.
6. ORDER #16-15/16 – South Portland Housing Authority, Tenant’s Appointment, appointing Kevin Powell to fill an unexpired term which expires on 10/10/2018. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
7. STREET CLOSURE - The South Portland Parks, Recreation & Waterfront Department is requesting the closure of Ocean Street at C street up to D street, for Knightville Street Festival on August 8, 2015. The road closure would be from 2:00 pm to 7:30 pm. Passage requires majority vote
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part) 18:00 Minutes into the meeting
G. Public Hearings and Action
H. Action on Old and New Business
8. ORDINANCE #1-15/16 - Amending Chapter 27, “Zoning,” regarding a Zone Map change from Residential A to Limited Business LB – 675 Main Street. Postponed on 07/20/15. Passage requires majority vote. 26:00 Minutes into the meeting
9. ORDER #17-15/16 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote. 38:00 Minutes into the meeting.
10. ORDER #18-15/16 - Award of Bid #22-15 to ePlus Technology, of Portland, ME, for technology upgrades for the School Department. Passage requires majority vote. 39:30 Minutes into the meeting
11. ORDER #19-15/16 - Award of sole source bid to Apple Computers, of Cupertino, CA, for the purchase of iPads and laptops for the School Department. Passage requires majority vote. 45:22 Minutes into the meeting
12. ORDER #20-15/16 - Award of Bid to Keenan Excavation Co., Inc. of South Portland, ME, for access stairs at Davidson Beach. Passage requires majority vote. 55:34 Minutes into the meeting
13. ORDER #21-15/16 - Authorizing the City Manager to sign a Cooperative Agreement with the Maine Department of Transportation for the purchase of two Gillig buses. Passage requires majority vote. 65:50 Minutes into the meeting
14. ORDER #22-15/16 - Authorizing the purchase of one (1) set consisting of four (4) wireless mobile column lifts from Stertil Koni, of Stevensville, MD, to be used by South Portland Bus Service. Passage requires majority vote. 68:50 Minutes into the meeting
15. ORDER #23-15/16 - Award of Bid #03-16 to Blane Casey Building Contractor, Inc., of Augusta, of ME, for the Waste Water Treatment Plant Exterior Addition Project. Passage requires majority vote. 73:40 Minutes into the meeting
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin 89:00 Minutes into the meeting
K. Executive Session
A motion may be made to go into executive session pursuant 1 M.R.S.A. §405 (6)((A), discussion or consideration of the appointment of a City Clerk.
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.