Name of Body: City Council
Agenda for the Meeting of: July 20, 2015
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
A recording of this meeting can be accessed online. There are several time increments noted in red below which indicate the number of minutes into the meeting that these items occur in the event you are interested in viewing a certain item. You may have to wait a minute or two at the beginning of the meeting for the time marker to move forward far enough to click on it and drag it forward.
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
D. Appointment Calendar 9:17 Minutes into the meeting
1. ORDER #35-14/15– Board of Assessment Review, District Five (Fox), for an unexpired term which expires on 12/31/16. Postponed since 10/20/14. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #86-14/15 – Conservation Commission, District Two (Smith), for an unexpired term which expires on 11/20/17. Postponed since 02/18/15. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #89-14/15 – Civil Service Commission, District Three (Linscott), for an unexpired term which expires on 03/01/19. Postponed since 03/02/15. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #114-14/15 – Conservation Commission, District One (Morgan), for an unexpired term which expires on 3/3/18. Postponed since 4/22/15. Passage requires majority vote.
5. ORDER #121-14/15 – Energy & Recycling Committee, District One (Morgan), appointing Rich Crowley for a term which expires on 05/05/18. Postponed since 5/4/15. Passage requires majority vote.
6. ORDER #2-15/16 – Board of Appeals, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 7/23/18. Postponed on 07/06/15. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar 15:32 Minutes into the meeting
7. STREET CLOSURE - The SoPo Buy Local Group is requesting the closure of Madison Street at Breakwater Drive for the Buy Local Bug Light Festival on August 29th with a rain date of August 30th. The closure will be from 9:00 A.M. to 2:30 P.M. Passage requires majority vote.
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part) 20:49 Minutes into the meeting
G. Public Hearings and Action 30:00 Minutes into the meeting
8. BUSINESS LICENSE – Guerrero Maya, 449 Westbrook Street, for a Food Establishment Restaurant with Liquor License. Passage requires majority vote.
H. Action on Old and New Business 32:50 Minutes into the meeting
9. ORDER #9-15/16 - Amending RESOLVE #16-14/15, the FY 2016 School Department’s Amounts Appropriated for the total cost of funding public education from pre-kindergarten to grade 12 as described in the Essential Programs and Services Funding Act and Amounts to be raised as the City's contribution to the total cost of funding public education from pre-kindergarten to grade 12 as described in the Essential Programs and Services Funding Act in accordance with the Maine Revised Statutes, Title 20-A, section 15688. Passage requires majority vote.
10. ORDER #10-15/16 - Amending RESOLVE #18-14/15, the FY 2016 School Amounts Raised and Appropriated in Additional Local Funds, which exceed the State’s Essential Programs and Services Allocation model. Passage requires majority vote. 39:50 Minutes into the meeting
11. ORDER #11-15/16 - Amending RESOLVE #23-14/15, the FY 2016 Appropriation Resolve, to increase various estimated revenues by $809,000.00 and General Assistance expenditures by $20,000. Passage requires majority vote. 41:40 Minutes into the meeting
12. ORDER #12-15/16 – Amending the Traffic Schedule regarding stops signs at the intersection of Harriet Street and Sprague Street and on Scamman Street at the intersections of Cooper Street, Hudson Road and Anchor Road – both directions . Passage requires majority vote. 53:40 Minutes into the meeting
13. ORDER #13-15/16 – Authorizing the City Manager to sign a Conservation Easement Deed and Indenture for Sawyer Park Open Space. Passage requires majority vote. 68:30 Minutes into the meeting
14. ORDER #14-15/16 – Accepting a Target National Night Out Grant for $500.00 to be used by the Police Department. Passage requires majority vote. 96:40 Minutes into the meeting
15. ORDER #15-15/16 - Authorizing the method of sale of tax-acquired property located at 2A Gerry Avenue (Map 53, Block 2A, Lot 85) to be negotiated sale to the holder of the first mortgage on the property, Asset Management Holdings 707, LLC, or its designee. Passage requires majority vote. 99:40 Minutes into the meeting
16. ORDINANCE #1-15/16 - Amending Chapter 27, “Zoning,” regarding a Zone Map change from Residential A to Limited Business LB – 675 Main Street. First reading. Passage requires majority vote. Postponed at the beginning of the meeting.
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
A motion may be made to go into executive session pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A., §405 (6)(a), mid-year evaluation of Corporation Counsel.
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.