Agenda for the City Council Meeting
October 6, 2014
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #124-12/13 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 03/16/16. Postponed since 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #154-13/14 – Civil Service Commission, District Two (Smith), to fill an unexpired term which expires on 03/01/15. Postponed since 06/02/14. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #25-14/15 – Warden Pro-Tempore, District Three appointing Kathryn Adams for the November 4, 2014 General Election. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
3A. SIGN PERMIT – Skillin School PTA is requesting to place four vinyl signs to advertise their 4th Annual Pumpkin Festival.
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Action
4. ORDINANCE #7-14/15 – Amending Chapter 9, “Garbage and Refuse” Regarding Solid Waste. Passed first reading on 08/18/14 and postponed on 9/3/14. ROLL CALL VOTE. Passage requires majority vote.
5. BUSINESS LICENSE – Better Burger, Inc., DBA Elevation Burger, 85 Western Avenue, for a food establishment restaurant with malt license. Existing business upgrading to add malt beverages. Passage requires majority vote.
6. BUSINESS LICENSE – Eight Below LLC, DBA Moe’s Original BBQ, 209 Western Avenue, for a food establishment restaurant with liquor license and special amusement without dancing license. Passage requires majority vote.
7. BUSINESS LICENSE – Metaheadz LLC, DBA SoPo Bar & Grill, 740 Broadway, for a food establishment restaurant with liquor license. Passage requires majority vote.
H. Action on Old and New Business
8. ORDER #26-14/15 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote.
9. ORDER #27-14/15 - Setting the time for opening the polls for the November 4, 2014 General Election. Passage requires majority vote.
10. ORDER #13-14/15 – Appealing the denial of the Public Works’ Director for two (2) new curb cuts on Surfsite Road for Southern Maine Community College. Postponed on 8/4/14. Passage requires majority vote.
11. ORDER #28-14/15 - Accepting an easement deed granting the City an approximately twelve foot (12') wide sanitary sewer easement on property owned by S. Sam and Norma J. Fratoni located at 2 Bay Road. Passage requires majority vote.
12. ORDER #29-14/15 – Adopting the Municipal Climate Action Plan. Passage requires majority vote.
13. ORDER #30-14/15 – Supporting MDOT in naming State Route 703 and sign installation. Passage requires majority vote.
14. ORDER #31-14/15 – Disbanding the Draft Ordinance Committee. Passage requires majority vote.
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
A motion may be made to go into executive session pursuant to 36 M.R.S.A. §841, to discuss applications(s) for abatement of property taxes on account of infirmity or poverty and pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A., §405 (6)(a), evaluation of City Clerk.
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.