Agenda for the City Council Meeting
August 4, 2014
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes Passed 6-0 (Jalbert Absent)
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
Swearing in of Police Sergeant Christopher Todd
Art In the Park
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #124-12/13 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 03/16/16. Postponed since 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote. Postponed 6-0 (Jalbert Absent)
2. ORDER #154-13/14 – Civil Service Commission, District Two (Smith), to fill an unexpired term which expires on 03/01/15. Postponed since 06/02/14. Passage requires majority vote. Postponed 6-0 (Jalbert Absent)
E. Consent Calendar
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Action
3. ORDER #10-14/15 – Public hearing and action on a public nuisance complaint regarding 29 Willard Street. Passage requires majority vote. Continued with conditions to the second meeting in November 6-0 (Jalbert Absent)
H. Action on Old and New Business
4. ORDER #11-14/15 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote. Passed 4-2 (Jalbert Absent, Blake and Smith out of room)
5. CITIZEN INITIATED ORDINANCE #5-14/15 – Initial reading of the citizen initiated proposed use of marijuana by persons 21 years of age or older ordinance and setting the date of the public hearing on the same pursuant to Section 1107 of the City Charter. Passage requires majority vote. Passed 6-0 (Jalbert Absent)
6. ORDER #12-14/15 – Award of Bid #30-14 to GWI, of Biddeford, ME, for dark fiber infrastructure. Passage requires majority vote. Passed 6-0 (Jalbert Absent)
7. ORDER #13-14/15 – Appealing the denial of the Public Works’ Director for two (2) new curb cuts on Surfsite Road for Southern Maine Community College. Passage requires majority vote. Memo from Acting Police Chief Referred to Workshop 6-0 (Jalbert Absent)
8. ORDINANCE #6-14/15 - Bond ordinance to appropriate $3,500,000 (*) for the Thornton Heights Separation Phases II, III and IV project and to authorize $3,500,000 (*) principal amount of bonds to finance such appropriations. First reading. Passage requires majority vote. Passed 6-0 (Jalbert Absent)
9. ORDER #14-14/15 – Appropriating $81,783 from Undesignated Fund Balance to fund the cost of landscaping and median work in the traffic islands between I-295 Exit 3 and the Western Avenue/Gorham Road intersection through the alternate bid of the Long Creek Watershed District. Passage requires majority vote. Passed 6-0 (Jalbert Absent)
10. RESOLVE #2-14/15 – Approving an Appropriation Transfer Resolve for FY 2014. Passage requires majority vote. Passed 6-0 (Jalbert Absent)
11. ORDER #15-14/15 – Appropriating $25,000 from Undesignated Fund Balance to the FY 2013/2014 City Council - Contracted Services Account. Passage requires majority vote. Passed 6-0 (Jalbert Absent)
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
A motion may be made to go into Executive Session pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. §405 (6)(d) regarding labor negotiations with the Police Patrol Association and the Police Command and Supervisory Unit.
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.