Agenda for the City Council Meeting
July 7, 2014
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #124-12/13 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 03/16/16. Postponed since 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #154-13/14 – Civil Service Commission, District Two (Smith), to fill an unexpired term which expires on 03/01/15. Postponed on 06/02/14. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #1-14/15 – Harbor Commission, Mayoral appointment, appointing Patrick Arnold for a term which expires on 06/30/17. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
4. STREET CLOSURE - South Portland Parks and Recreation Department is requesting to close Ocean St. from D Street to C Street on August 9, 2014 from 3:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. for the Knightville Classic Car Show. Passage requires majority vote.
5. SIGN PERMIT - South Portland – Cape Elizabeth Rotary Club is requesting to place a sign on the corner of Ocean Street and Broadway to advertise the Rotary Spring Point 5K Classic to be held on July 27, 2014. Passage requires majority vote.
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Action
6. ORDINANCE #18-13/14 – Amending Chapter 2, “Administration and Legislation”, Article III, Division 9, regarding an Arts and Historic Preservation Committee. Passed first reading on 06/16/14. ROLL CALL VOTE. Passage requires majority vote.
H. Action on Old and New Business
7. ORDINANCE #1-14/15 - Amending Chapter 27, “Zoning,” to implement Part 1 of the recommendations of the Draft Ordinance Committee dated July 1, 2014. First reading. Passage requires majority vote.
8. ORDINANCE #2-14/15 - Amending Chapter 27, “Zoning,” to repeal the moratorium on development proposals involving the loading of oil sands/tar sands products onto marine tank vessels. First reading. Passage requires majority vote.
9. ORDINANCE #3-14/15 – Amending Chapter 24, “Subdivisions” regarding vernal pools and natural, historic and archaeological resources. First reading. Passage requires majority vote.
10. ORDINANCE #4-14/15 – Amending Chapter 27, “Zoning,” regarding vernal pools, natural, historic and archaeological resources, shoreland zoning, and variance approval process. First reading. Passage requires majority vote.
11. ORDER #2-14/15 – Award of Bid #32-14 to: Sebago Technics, of South Portland, ME; Woodard and Curran, of Portland, ME, GIS Mapping & Analysis, of Portland, ME, and SMRT, of Portland, ME, to provide engineering services for the City of South Portland. Passage requires majority vote.
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.