Agenda for the City Council Meeting
April 23, 2014
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
Department and Committee Reports
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #124-12/13 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 03/16/16. Postponed since 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #132-13/14 – South Portland Housing Authority, Tenant’s Appointment, appointing Jane Croston to fill a term to expire on 10/10/2018. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #133-13/14 – Appointing Election Clerks. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
4. SIGN PERMIT - South Portland Farmers Market is requesting to place signs in various locations to inform of the new day and location for the 2014 season at City Hall parking lot on Sundays - May through November. Passage requires majority vote.
5. STREET CLOSURE – The South Portland Parks, Recreation and Waterfront is requesting the closure of Madison Street for the South Portland Family 4th on July 4th. The closure is from 3:00 P.M. until 10:30 P.M. Passage requires majority vote.
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Action
6. ORDINANCE #10-13/14 - Amending Chapter 27, “Zoning Ordinance,” regarding extension of moratorium on development proposals involving the loading of oil sands/tar sands products onto marine tank vessels docking in South Portland for an additional 180-day period. Passed first reading on 03/17/14. ROLL CALL VOTE. Passage requires five affirmative votes.
H. Action on Old and New Business
7. ORDER #134-13/14 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote.
8. ORDER #135-13/14 – Authorizing a Business Revolving Loan in the amount of $10,000 to Heirloom Consignment, LLC. Passage requires majority vote.
9. ORDINANCE #11-13/14 – Amending Chapter 14, “Licenses, Permits, and Business Regulations Generally,” regarding public sidewalk use. First reading. Passage requires majority vote.
10. RESOLVE #4-13/14 – Approving an Appropriation Transfer Resolve for FY 2014 Union Contracts. Passage requires majority vote.
11. RESOLVE #5-13/14 – Approving an Appropriation Transfer Resolve for the Property Tax Assistance Program. Passage requires majority vote.
12. ORDER #136-13/14 – Award of Bid to Shaw Brothers Construction, Inc., of Gorham, ME, for the Maine Mall Road sanitary sewer replacement. Passage requires majority vote
13. ORDER #137-13/14 - Accepting $2,845, or any portion thereof, under the State of Maine Asset Forfeiture Program to be used by the Police Department. Passage requires majority vote.
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
A motion may be made to go into executive session pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. §405 (6)(e), discussion with Corporation Counsel regarding city-owned property.
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.