Agenda for the City Council Meeting
March 3, 2014
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #124-12/13 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 03/16/16. Postponed since 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #107-13/14 – South Portland Housing Authority, District Five (Jalbert), appointing Kevin Glynn for a term which expires on 03/25/19. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #108-13/14 – Energy & Recycling Associate, District One (Pock), appointing Melinda Timpf for a term which expires on 05/05/15. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #109-13/14 – Appointing Steve Fox as Health Officer for a 3 year term which will expire on 01/23/17. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Action
5. ORDINANCE #6-13/14 - Amending Chapter 6, “Elections” regarding redistricting for voting purposes. Passed first reading 02/19/14. ROLL CALL VOTE. Passage requires majority vote.
6. ORDINANCE #7-13/14 – Amending Chapter 27, “Zoning,” regarding a zone text and zone map change from Residential District A to Conditional Residential Use District G-4 at 317 Pine Street. Passed first reading 02/19/14. ROLL CALL VOTE. Passage requires five (5) affirmative votes.
7. ORDINANCE #8-13/14 – Authorizing refunding bonds in an amount not to exceed $1,890,000. Passed first reading on 02/19/14 . ROLL CALL VOTE. Passage requires affirmative vote of at least 4 members of the City Council.
H. Action on Old and New Business
8. ORDER #110-13/14 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote.
9. ORDINANCE #9-13/14 - Amending Chapter 10, Article VIII, “Property Tax Assistance Ordinance”. First reading. Passage requires majority vote.
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
A motion may be made to go into executive session pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. § 405(6)(D) to discuss contract negotiations with AFSCME Local 481, Council 93 Public Works and Parks; pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. § 405(6)(E) to discuss the status of pending litigation matters with the Corporation Counsel and the rights and duties of the City Council relating to the Corporation Counsel; and pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. § 405(6)(C) and (E) to discuss the disposition of City-owned property.
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.