Name of Body: City Council
Tentative Agenda for the Meeting of: July 17, 2017
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M EXECUTIVE SESSION 6:15 P.M.
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
HR Director Don Brewer – Update on Safety Committee
C. Reports from Boards and Committees
D. Petitions and Communications
E. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #114-15/16 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for an unexpired term which expires on 03/16/19. Postponed since 03/21/16. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #112-16/17 – Board of Assessment Review, District Five (Fox), for a term which expires 12/31/19. Postponed since 1/4/17. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #179-16/17 – Energy & Recycling Committee, District One (Morgan), for a term expiring 05/05/18. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #3-17/18 – Community Development Advisory Committee, District At-Large (Beecher), for an unexpired term expiring 01/15/20. Passage requires majority vote.
5. ORDER #4-17/18 – Arts & Historic Preservation Committee, District At-Large (Henderson), for an unexpired term expiring 10/20/17. Passage requires majority vote.
6. ORDER #6-17/18 – Economic Development Committee, District Four (Cohen), for an unexpired term expiring 03/23/19. Passage requires majority vote.
7. ORDER #12-17/18 – Board of Appeals, District Three (Rose), appointing Ryan Cyr for a term expiring 07/23/20. Passage requires majority vote.
F. Consent Calendar
G. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
H. Public Hearings and Action
8. ORDER #13-17/18 – Granting On The Border, 420 Maine Mall Road, a Special Amusement Permit Without Dancing. Passage requires majority vote.
9. ORDER #14-17/18 – Adopting the Eighth Amendment to the Fairchild Semiconductor Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District Development Program. Passage requires majority vote.
I. Action on Old and New Business
10. ORDER #15-17/18 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority
11. ORDINANCE #1-17/18 – Amending Chapter 27, “Zoning,” regarding an Inclusionary Zoning Ordinance and a Housing Trust Fund. First Reading. Passage requires majority vote.
12. ORDER #16-17/18 – Award of Bid #06-18 to Whalley Computer Associates, Inc., of Southwick, MA, for the School Department. Passage requires majority vote.
13. ORDER #17-17/18 – Award of sole source bid to Apple Computers, of Cupertino, CA, for the purchase of nine hundred and forty (940) iPads and eighty-five (85) Macbook Air Laptops for the School Department. Passage requires majority vote.
14. RESOLVE #2-17/18 - Resolution pursuant to Section 612 of the City Charter Determining Details of Issue of General Obligation Refunding Bonds to be issued to refund all or portions of the City’s $6,503,000 2010 General Obligation Bonds, dated February 1, 2010 and the City’s $30,000,000 2012 General Obligation Bonds, dated May 30, 2012. Passage requires majority vote.
J. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
K. Councilor’s Round Robin
L. Executive Session
A motion may be made to go into executive session pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. § 405(6)(E) to discuss the pending litigation of Portland Pipe Line Corporation, et al. v. City of South Portland, et al. with the City’s legal counsel.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.