Name of Body: City Council
Agenda for the Meeting of: April 19, 2017
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
A. Acceptance of Minutes
B. Communications from City Manager
Kevin Davis – Library Services Delivery to Homebound
C. Reports from Boards and Committees
D. Petitions and Communications
E. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #114-15/16 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for an unexpired term which expires on 03/16/19. Postponed since 03/21/16. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #112-16/17 – Board of Assessment Review, District Five (Fox), for a term which expires 12/31/19. Postponed since 1/4/17. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #151-16/17 – Board of Appeals, District At-Large (Henderson), for an unexpired term which expires on 7/23/19. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #163-16/17 – Energy & Recycling Committee, District Three (Rose), appointing Michele Danois for an unexpired term which expires 05/05/19. Passage requires majority vote.
5. ORDER #172-16/17 – Appointing members to the Affordable Housing Ad-Hoc Committee. Passage requires majority vote.
F. Consent Calendar
G. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
H. Public Hearings and Action
6. ORDINANCE #14-16/17 – Amending Chapter 27, re: Solar Ordinance. Passed first reading 3/6/17 and postponed since 3/20/17. ROLL CALL VOTE. Passage requires five (5) affirmative votes.
7. ORDER #173-16/17 – Granting North 43, 1 Spring Point Drive, a F/E Restaurant with Liquor License. Passage requires majority vote.
8. ORDER #174-16/17 – Granting South Portland Urban Air, LLC a F/E Restaurant with Malt & Vinous License. Passage requires majority vote.
I. Action on Old and New Business
9. ORDER #175-16/17 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote.
10. ORDER #176-16/17 – Granting a street closure of Madison Street Extension at Madison Street for the Bug Light Family 4th event on July 4, 2017 from 4:30pm to 10:15pm. Passage requires majority vote.
11. ORDER #177-16/17 – Authorizing the submission of a grant application to the Maine Bureau of Highway Safety under the 2017 Click It or Ticket/Buckle Up No Excuses Enforcement and Education Program and accepting awarded funds to be used by the Police Department. Passage requires majority vote.
12. ORDINANCE #16-16/17 – Amending Chapter 27, “Zoning,” regarding the Suburban Commercial District (CS) Zone and a Zone Map change from CPCCR at Clark’s Pond and substantial portions of the property owned by Ocean Properties at Sable Oaks to CS. First reading. Passage requires majority vote
13. ORDINANCE #17-16/17 –Amending Chapter 14, “Licenses, Permits and Business Regulations Generally,” regarding Food Trucks. First reading. Passage requires majority vote.
14. ORDER #178-16/17 –Authorizing the submission of a Shore and Harbor Planning grant application through the Maine Coastal Program, allocating local matching funds from the Greater Portland Public Development Commission (GPPDC) grant account, and accepting awarded funds to be used by the Parks, Recreation and Waterfront Department. Passage requires majority vote.
J. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
K. Councilor’s Round Robin
L. Executive Session
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.