RULES AND REGULATIONS
Each park location may have specific rules & regulations, so please check posted signs for that area. Some general Park rules are listed below.
- Don’t litter
- Don’t bring glass containers on beaches
- Camping is not permitted
- Fireworks are not permitted
- Firearms are not permitted
- Open fires are not permitted
- Tobacco use is prohibited within 20 feet of all city-maintained parks, beaches, and outdoor recreational facilities
- No hunting or trapping
- Don't feed the wildlife
- No loitering between 9pm and 6am
- No alcoholic beverages or controlled substance
- No motor vehicles permitted on the beach
- Dogs are not permitted on Willard Beach between May 1 and September 30, except between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m., and 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Dogs must be leashed while on public streets, sidewalks, parking lots, within Mill Creek Park, or on the Greenbelt Walkway. In other parks, including Hinckley Park and Willard Beach, dogs must be under immediate voice control
- Pick up after your dogs
For complete details on rules and regulations, please click here to access Parks-related City Ordinances of South Portland.
PLEASE TAKE CARE OF OUR PARKS