The Willard Engine and Ladder Company
The Willard Engine and Ladder Company Two were formed on October 1, 1892. The existing Station was built in 1949 on Pillsbury Street by Willard Square. The Company began with horse drawn units, but received one of the first motorized fire response units in the city in 1915. Willard Hose and Ladder Company is now home to a 110’ Aerial Ladder Truck and Engine. These units respond to all types of emergencies here in South Portland and Cape Elizabeth. Ladder 42 provides ladder protection for the City of Portland on third alarms. Engine 42 is a crucial piece for the city and its oil terminal response.