Thornton Heights Engine Company
Thornton Heights Engine Company Six was organized around 1923 when work on the Main Street Bridge closed it to automobile traffic. This resulted in the need for fire protection in the area. The current location on Union Street was constructed in 1939. Today Thornton Heights is home to one of the largest Industrial Foam Engines in the area. Engine 46 responds to all types of emergencies here in the City as well as being a first due Engine to Aircraft incidents at the Portland International Jetport. This Engine is a crucial unit to protecting the oil terminals here in the city as well as providing the necessary equipment for responding to rail or tractor trailer incidents involving flammable liquids.
2002 Ferrara Foam Pump. It can pump 1500 gallons per minute, has 500 gallons of water and 500 gallons of AFFF Class B foam and 30 gallons Class A foam.
Original Engine 6
Privately owned and resotred by the Hose Company. Used at parades and other events.