Pleasantdale Hose Company
The Pleasantdale Engine Company Three was organized in late 1893. It was originally located on Turner’s Island, but has moved around as needs and spaces where identified. The company resided on Robinson Street for many years. The members of this company where nationally recognized in the late 1940’s for their proficiencies in oil firefighting. The Company also received the Congressional Fire service Award on October 7, 1990 from Congressmen Joseph E. Brennan.
Do to decline membership at both Pleasantdale and Thornton Heights the two companies have been merged and respond out of Thornton Heights.